Monday, March 18, 2013

AR09MH.43

37, Early, 4, Golden-Yellow Self, Dormant, Diploid
(Ace Up My Sleeve * MH0735X)

This was the second seedling of mine to ever to bloom. I like this one as it has a very wide flower and it has a consistent bloom, unlike its sibling, AR09MH.13. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo (you can click to enlarge) but it melts slightly in the heat of the summer sun. It is not noticeable, but it is definitely worth pointing out as a flaw. It has 17 buds and 4 way branching. It has some really thick scapes! My daylily bed is planted near some h. fulva which is a tetraploid, and the scapes are nearly the same size. It doesn't look that big in the photo, but compared to the others, it really stood out here's the photo (that's my dad's hand by the way, holding the ruler up for me):
Overall, a very rigorous plant. It has increased rapidly, along with its sibling AR09MH.53 and it will likely be a future. Time will tell. I haven't used it too much in my program, but there are plenty of slow-increasers in the garden that need to speed it up so I might use it a lot this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment