Tuesday, July 22, 2014

AR10AR.53

23'', EM, 3'', bright cherry red w/ tones of wine, dorm, Dip, 2 branches, 7 buds, frag, diurnal
(Sugar Candy * Vanilla Gorilla)

This is the first year that this seedling bloomed. I'm very excited about it because it shows promise for the beginnings of a red program. This isn't a pure red. By the end of the day, the color had turned to a wine color, not unattractive but unwanted. I'm not too concerned about the branches and buds, as it is currently being encroached by its nearby sibling. That is also the cause for the slow increase (I hope, as both parents increase well), 2 fans in three years. As I am clearing out the 2010 bed later in the summer/fall, I'm hoping to give this one more space. I have high hopes for the breeding potential of this one color wise.
This is later that day, demonstrating how it fades to a wine-pink color.

No comments:

Post a Comment